12 Step Program for online entrepreneurs who have shown addiction to shiny objects by Victor Aramanda ©2020
One of the most difficult things in trying to break into the online business world and grow something that could possibly last and provide for me and my family has been trying to find a mentor I could trust! I think John Thornhill is one of few that I believe that is true about.
I’ve seen a lot of great things come out of 12 step programs and real help for real people, so even if none of this applies to you, it probably will to someone you know and care about.
1) We admitted we were powerless over shiny objects—that our online business lives had become unmanageable.
2) Came to believe that a successful online business mentor who promotes and demonstrates good character could help restore us to sanity. Good character includes honesty, transparency, and integrity
3) Made a decision to trust and take instruction from our mentor who has proven to have and continues to walk in good character and who is also willing to receive honest questions and help along those lines as needed themselves too.
i) realization that this will probably take TIME
(1) at least 4-6 mos before you have ANY ROI in the form of $s (which is typically the only kind of return anyone watching you will be looking for, and they are watching)
(1) keeping on track
4) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our online business actions, spending, and beliefs.
a) letting our mentor know our real status in our online business journey with humility
b) being willing to deal with any issues needed
c) willing to answer questions that even seemed silly to ask, or that seemed to challenge what should be obvious.
5) Admitted to our mentor, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
a) desire to get rich quick without having to suffer through growing pains and hard work
i) desire to make it the easy way in 3 simple steps
(1) buy it, click on it
(2) click on it
(3) sit back and enjoy the online lifestyle
b) trusted, or still trusting in mentors with bad character
c) poor actions starting over, again and again, never really doing anything for the long-run
d) spending money on shiny objects, applications and software that were never going to work, teaching that was obviously encouraging poor character
6) Were entirely ready to have our trusted mentor remove and replace all these defects of character and poor online business practices.
a) ready for real change
b) ready to make a decision that we wanted to change for the better
7) Humbly asked for help to remove our shortcomings.
a) resisted being a KNOW-IT-ALL, especially with the proof of time and income all that we knew had gotten us to this point in time.
8) Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
a) starting with ourself
b) anyone we had lied to directly or by omission
9) Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
a) not everyone who we harmed will be receptive to amends or acknowledging they were wronged or that we did any wrong to them
b) we cannot speak for others or make amends for them either, only for ourselves, our responsibility, our decisions, our lies, our poor judgment, our lack of trust in what was right, our trust in what was wrong
c) amends could look like many things
i) admitting we did or said something that was wrong
ii) provide restitution if possible, or offer to
iii) ask for forgiveness knowing that it may not be given with a statement that is not self-justifying
(1) i’m sorry, i was wrong, (for…, when i…..), please forgive me. (FULL STOP! no excuse or explanation)
10) Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
a) establish and accountability system we are willing to trust where we can be honest with ourself and another human being.
b) became part of a group where we allowed ourselves to participate in sharing and receiving honest opinion and help as needed
11) Sought from outside our own wisdom, thinking and perception to improve our conscious understanding, awareness and knowledge of reality of where our online business was currently at, how to get it to where we want it to be, and being willing to take action on instruction including re-assessing and adjusting action as needed on a regular basis, with our mentor or trusted community
12) Having had a reality check and proof of real change for the better for ourselves and our online business as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to online entrepreneurs and others who hope to make money online and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
I hope this has been some help.
If you are interested in a course with a Mentor to learn how to build an online business in online marketing or creating your own products you can sell online then check this out, https://akeytoanydoor.com/automatedsalesandsuccess
If you want to consider becoming an affiliate of one of the few good online business models I’ve seen the check this out https://akeytoanydoor.com/automatedsalesandsuccessjv
This is a guest post from Victor Aramanda if you would like to be considered for a guest post please contact me.