I am guessing by now we all know what Private Label Rights (PLR) products are but a lot of people are not really sure how you can use them to their full advantage?
There are a whole host of things you can do with PLR to make the most out of it, but you have to remember content can become used over and over again if taken from the wrong places. You can’t simply download PLR product, leave it as it is and expect it to be fresh and earn you a ton of money! What annoys me the most is all of these free PLR websites and $1 entry websites claiming to give you 1000’s and 1000’s of dollars worth of ‘TOP Quality’ PLR, which will make you a fortune upon resale. That’s absolute bull…
You have to remember that providing fresh never seen before PLR each and every month costs a lot of money to be created. The costs are usually well over $1000 for a couple of eBooks and top quality graphics! So how can these sites possibly provide up to date fresh content and graphics? I know for a fact that any cheap site offering ‘TOP Quality’ PLR is simply getting the material from another PLR site or has purchased a bundle with ‘unrestricted PLR rights’.
To make this a little clearer and put things in prospective. Only yesterday I was looking for PLR competition to rival what I believe is the best PLR site out there www.PLRMonthly.com I came across a PLR website and I’d take a look and see what was on offer.
I was promised the earth on entry to this free PLR and resale rights website, the freshest PLR and most up to date content. How I was shocked when I found a fresh eBook called ‘How to become a Mystery Shopper’ packaged into the bundle and being sold for $197 as a gold package upsell. This eBook is over 5 years old, if fact I was selling it on eBay in 2004. The rest of the eBooks for sale in the bundle were also very old. Now don’t get me wrong, done right you could probably do something with this ‘old’ material but the point I am trying to put across is this was being sold as ‘TOP Quality’ PLR.
After almost ten years in the Internet Marketing business and around five years working with PLR material, I do find it hard to understand how you can provide a good product and service to your customers selling such poor quality material? This is why when you choose PLR you must choose wisely to provide the best fresh content and graphics to use as your own.
How can you use PLR to your advantage?
- Place the material on your blog. However I would advise editing the material just a little to add your own style of writing, but the bones of the PLR is there for you to use.
- Take the full PLR package including graphics and sell it as a mini site. You can tweak the PLR eBook to have your own links inside i.e. affiliate links and back links to your blog. Be sure to link back to relevant products or blogs of your own. I have been guilty in the past of placing non related back links in any content I could get my hands on. I recall my younger days placing my blog link on a health and fitness eBook?? My blog is about marketing, as you know! It makes you wonder but in my defence I was very inexperienced in my younger days 🙂
- Freebies. What a lot of people fail to see here is also the potential for freebies to your list or for ad swaps. Say you get your PLR eBook and graphical sales page. Why not put an op-in on the page and give the eBook away as a freebie? All they need to do is sign up for it by giving you their email addy and it’s theirs. Ask another marketer in the same niche if they want to give a freebie away and send them to your opt-in. This technique can be done for every niche, just because you are not in that niche doesn’t mean you can’t setup a list of auto responders behind the opt-in and start a small affiliate marketing campaign.
- Create a Home Study Course. You can create and sell home study courses with the help of PLR. Package your PLR onto a CD, box it up with check lists and help manuals and you can create a home study course which you can sell for a lot more than a digital item.
- Create a Mini Course and Distribute Them to Your Mailing Lists – Convert your PLR to a mini email course and send it to your subscribers. This really makes PLR work for you. This comes into the freebie category again and will provide a lot more value in the form of a course. Again you can tweak and add your own links and comments every week, day or month depending on the frequency of delivery.
- Create a Video Series From Your PLR Content – If you have a good informational PLR eBook why not use the information to create a video series? This will have a much higher perceived value than a regular eBook.
What I want you to take away most from this is the fact that with a little work PLR material can be extremely useful. In fact to prove it I am going to reveal that I didn’t write most of this blog post. My good friend Daniel Sumner wrote it, you can see the original blog post on Daniel’s blog here.
Daniel originally asked me if I’d let him use his post as a guest post on my blog to promote PLR Monthly, however, I thought I’d prove just how useful PLR material is for creating blog content and this blog post is the proof. If I never told you would you have guessed someone else wrote most of this post? You see all I had to do was read the post and add my ‘spin’ to it. The result is a high quality blog post that gives the reader value.
So if this blog post doesn’t show you what you can do with PLR material nothing will. Imagine if this was a quality eBook I had PLR rights to? I could have enough blog posts written for the next 12 months.
BTW, PLR Monthly is by far the best PLR site out there and I fully endorse it. If you’re interested in joining you can get a huge discount via this link.
Thanks for reading and as always your comments are welcome.