Along comes another massive product launch and you decide take part as an affiliate because there are some major JV prizes on offer. So you prepare for the launch and on launch day you send out your emails and wait, and wait, and wait some more but the sales don’t come in.
What did you do wrong? Well if you made any of the mistakes listed below this is probably the reason for your failure.
1) You didn’t write your own email copy. Simply copying an email from the vendors affiliate page means you are sending out the same email as all the other copycat affiliates. During a product launch you need to stand out and if you send out the same promo email as everyone else you will simply blend in with everyone else. This is the number one mistake I see affiliates make.
2) You didn’t review the product. It is crucial you find out as much information as you can about the product you are promoting; this will help you write an honest review of the product. It will also stop you promoting a crappy product that will do your reputation more harm than good.
3) You hyped up your promotion. I hate hype and so does everyone else, hype is becoming less and less effective, especially during a major product launch. Be honest with your email promotions and stand out from the crap that is hitting most people’s inboxes.
4) You didn’t have your subscribers interests at heart. Do you try to help your subscribers or do you try to sell to them? Most marketers simply try to sell sell sell all the time. If this is you then don’t expect your subscribers to buy your recommendations. Try to provide value from time to time and don’t try to sell with every email you send.
5) You didn’t offer any bonuses. One way to stand out from everyone else is to offer a bonus related to the product you are promoting. I have done this myself many times with a lot of success so next time you take part in a major product launch try to offer related bonuses.
Becoming a successful affiliate marketer during a major product launch is all about standing out from everyone else. Stop being a sheep and think how you can be different from everyone else during launch week.
Be different, stand out and you will make more sales… Period!